I am an emotionally-based being and as such can have large swings between my ups and downs. I’ve learned to do many things to reduce the delta between the two and quite frankly I must stay focused on that all the time. Yes, it can create pressure and sometimes I just don’t have it in me. However, my ups are much more frequent and long lasting when I cultivate behaviors that feed my soul on a regular basis. Here are some things that feed my soul (when I’m doing them!!)
- Working. I feel so fulfilled and alive while I’m working and my clients are the best!
- Meditating & giving thanks. This is my version of going to church.
- Getting plenty of sleep. I’ve found there’s no way around this.
- Eating healthy. I’ve found there’s no way around this either.
- Laughing. There’s nothing like laughing to cleanse the soul!
- Exercise regularly. If I don’t, I feel like crap and it shows to those around.
- Creative projects. Every now and then, it’s great to pull out the paints & pencils and do a whimsical project.
- Emotionally connecting with friends and family.
- Exploring new things. Variety is my mantra.
What do you do to feed your soul?