In the northern hemisphere, we are moving into winter and the element of water. It’s quieter, darker, colder and a time to go inward with yin activities like resting, meditating, inner reflecting, etc. Here are some feng shui suggestions to align with the season:
- Purge books, clothes, files, and images that represent your “old” self.
- Cultivate rituals of inner reflection incorporating the element of water by taking baths, soaking your feet & using hot tubs.
- Add more warmth to your space with candles, fires in the hearth and red/orange throw blankets.
- Invite your family to sit down together and share heart warming stories.
- Allow additional time for rest & relaxation.
- If you don’t already do so, start a journal to express creativity and gratitude.
- Choose full spectrum bulbs in lamps and fixture most used.
- Use citrus essential oil combinations for a lively boost.
- Enroll in a class to learn something new.
- Participate in a community service project.
- Use ceiling fans in the reverse direction to move chi.
Be mindful of your thoughts. As you know, what you think you become.