For me, success isn’t really about the material stuff. Sure, creature comforts are lovely and an important part of my life. Having said that, my creature comforts don’t define me. (Well, most of the time!) Success for me is an experience that aligns with my values and needs. It isn’t measured by my bank account, my address, the car I drive, the number of friends I have, the clothes I wear, or the trips I take. In other words, my success isn’t measure by outside sources.
Success to me is when I’m:
- Creating my own structure and schedule each day
- Assisting someone reach a deeper potential within themselves
- Participating in creating a lovely space for someone
- Regularly experiencing variety and new discoveries
- Feeling connection to others
- Taking good care of myself spiritually and physically
- Focusing on gratitude
- Laughing frequently
- Creatively solving a problem
- Resolving conflict in relationships
- Walking my talk
How do you define success and how do you know when you’re successful?