Living things add vitality and a vibrancy that is difficult to duplicate with substitutes. Generally, the further one moves away from the origin of something, the lower it’s vitality. For example, a live plant is exponentially more vibrant than it’s silk counterpart. Hand-made art is more “alive” than machine made. Organic cheddar cheese is more nutritious than processed American cheese. Fresh food is healthier than canned or frozen.
Here are a few ways to enhance chi in your office, home and body:
- Replace silk and dried flowers with live plants. There are several varieties that need very little care.
- Use natural materials in remodeling and new construction projects. For example include natural stone, wood, and natural fibers like wool, silk, cotton, linen and hemp.
- Replace current light with full-spectrum substitutes. Full-spectrum lighting emits a more natural looking light.
- Substitute beeswax candles for paraffin.
- Clean your space with natural, healthier choices like white vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and tea tree oil. As a bonus, you’ll save money. Check out these non-toxic cleaning tips.
- Add natural scents to your home with pure essential oils.
- Stock your kitchen with fresh, free-range and organic foods.
- Regularly take in a live performance of music, stage and comedy.
- Open windows regularly.
Consider the numerous ways you can invite “living” chi into your space and benefit from its life enhancing qualities.