I’ve recently received an email from someone who was interested in my services and couldn’t swing the financial commitment at this time. Instead, he asked me what he could do to improve his situation on his own. This was a great question because it got me thinking about the possibilities of improving our lives and spaces while in a financially challenging situation.
Since I didn’t know this person, I responded in a generic way. Since the suggestions can be helpful to any one, I thought I’d post them here.
The biggest bang for your buck (or lack of) that will improve all areas of your life is to address sha chi and si chi….both negative and unhealthy forms of energy. Ridding our lives and our physical spaces of negative chi is paramount to living healthy, harmonious lives. Here are suggestions for improving energy and creating sheng (positive) chi.
In your home or office:
- Address physical clutter
- Donate/recycle/throw away stuff you don’t use lurking in cupboards, closets, drawers, attics, basements, garages, etc.
- Thoroughly clean your space
- Spruce up your front entrance
- Address things that are broken/need to be fixed
- Less is more, pare down unnecessary furnishings, knick knacks, accents, etc.
- Create an intention power spot and usher in your intentions for yourself.
In your life:
- Be mindful of what you are focusing on…lack? problems? What you focus on is what you get more of!
- Are there people in your life you need to forgive including yourself? Check out Radical Forgiveness.
- Are others mirroring your own issues? Check out The Work by Bryon Katie.
- Do you have emotional blocks getting in your way? Check out EFT.