1. I was born on a Thursday. I am the oldest of 6 siblings, three brothers and two sisters. Both my sisters live out of state…boo!
3. I am a double gemini which means I’m in my head a lot.
4. I graduated from college summa cum laude while working full time. My employer at the time had a tuition reimbursement program so I graduated without any student loans.
5. I have changed my career three times. First I worked in corporate America as a business professional. Second, I had an art business called Whimsical Wares and sold my work at art fairs in the Midwest. Third, I became the owner of Creating Sanctuary and am a life coach and feng shui expert.
6. My parents where moving into the home I grew up in when my mother went into labor with me. My mother still lives there.
7. My father died when I was 26 and he was only 50. It shook my world to the core and I become “religious” about taking good care of myself.
8. I met my husband at work and we started dating in 1978. At the time, I was engaged to someone else and he was in a long term relationship….scandalous. We have been married since 1980.
9. My husband and I almost divorced after 15 years of marriage. We decided to get help and have been happy ever since. (Most of the time…laugh!)
10. I love the water….in a boat, on a raft, kayak, or a wave….you name it! I prefer fresh water beaches over salt water.
11. I have done most of the things on my bucket list like: swam with dolphins, been in a hot air balloon, experienced the northern lights….
12. I LOVE nature based vacations. I’ve river rafted in the Grand Canyon, kayaked in the Inside Passage, done an eco-cruise in Alaska. I’ve seen whales, dolphins, orcas, seals, moose, otter, eagles, just to name a few.
13. One of my favorite things to do is take a nap during a work day when the sun is shining.
14. I love Indian food.
15. I have exercised regularly all my life and I still have a paunch!
16. I am a good cook…and my maiden name was Cook. I make a mean lasagna, grilled salmon with mango salsa and beef tenderloin rubbed with herbs.
17. I am claircognizant….sometimes I just know things.
18. I was raised Catholic and went to a Catholic grade school. I am spiritual but not religious.
19. We have a dog named Buster and two cats named Sammie and Allie. Buster likes to bark when I’m talking on the phone with clients. The cats like to walk on our heads in the morning so they can be fed.
20. I love reading memoirs and non-fiction. In a good week, I’ll read four books.
21. My favorite tv show at the moment is Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations.
22. I love color. Almost every room in our home is painted a different color.
23. I am still friends with my girlfriend from high school. She’s also my hair stylist.
24. My favorite morning drink right now is a chai latte. I use yogi brand black tea, almond milk and agave nectar….yum, yum.
25. I believe whole heartedly in complimentary medicine, like acupuncture, chiropractic medicine, bowen, energy medicine, herbs, homeopathy, deep tissue massage….